Home of Thrones – 8 Day Self-Drive Vacation
Charming seaside villages, mysterious landscapes and a ton of Game of Thrones locations, Northern Ireland is the place to be if you’re a fan of the hit HBO series. Explore the real-life Westeros with caves, castles, forests and the famous Dark Hedges used as the location for the Kingsroad. Explore the locations at your own pace, knowing that all of your travel plans are taken care of.
Your Self-Drive Vacation Includes:
- Private Airport Arrival & Departure Transfers
- 1 night in Dublin at 4-star Camden Court Hotel
- 2 nights in Belfast at 4-star The Europa Hotel
- 1 night on the Antrim Coast at 4-star Ballygally Castle
- 1 night in Coleraine at the Breezemont B&B
- 1 night in Londonderry at the 4-star Maldron Hotel Derry
- 1 night in Dublin at the 4-star Camden Court Hotel
- Hertz Car Rental Standard Automatic – based on Group G rental for 6 days
- Full Breakfast Daily
- Sightseeing Activities: Dublin City Walking Tour, Guinness Storehouse, Belfast City Sightseeing Hop on Hop off bus tour, Titanic Experience, Londonderry City Walking Tour
Interested in finding out more about the epic Game Of Thrones® filming locations? Here’s a quick guide to all the spectacular locations in Northern Ireland.
1) Dragonstone, Downhill Beach, Co. Londonderry
Downhill Beach is used in the filming of Game of Thrones as Dragonstone, where the Seven Idols of Westeros were burned and Melisandre, flames dancing into the night sky, proclaimed: “For the night is dark and full of terrors.”
2) The Stormlands, Larrybane, Carricka-Rede, Co. Antrium
Larrybane was the dramatic spot chosen for Renly Baratheon’s camp in Season 2. This is where Catelyn Stark agrees a treaty with Renley on Behalf of her son Robb.
3) Pyke, The Iron Islands , Ballintoy Harbour, Co. Antrim
This pictureque coastal nook is where Theon Grejoy arrives back in the Iron Islands and where he later admires his ship, the Sea Bitch. This is also where he first meets his sister Yara.
4) Storm’s End, Murlough Bay, Co. Antrim
Murlough Bay becomes the Iron Islands in Season 3. This is the spot where Theon Greyjoy rides on the horse with his sister Yara. It’s also the spot where Davos Seaworth is shipwreked after the battle of Blackwater Bay.
5) The Stormlands, Cushendun Caves , Co. Antrim
In Seaon 2, Crushendun is where Melisandre gives birth to the shadow baby after being brought ashore by Davos Seaworthy.
6) The King’s Road, Dark Hedges, Co. Antrim
The Dark Hedges live up to their haunting name in Season 2. These spectacular trees line the King’s Road as Ayra Stark makes her escape from King’s Landing.Disguised as a boy, Ayra travels with Yoren, Gendry, Hot Pie and all the others off to join the night watch.
7) Winterfell, Castle Ward, Co. Down
Castle Ward is the prime location for Winterfell and the lands surrounding Winterfell in the North. This is where King Robert Baratheon and his retinue arrive and are met by the Starks in Season 1. This is also the place where Bran and Osha’s scenes in Season 1 take place.
8) Robb Stark’s camp, Audley’s Field Strangford Lough
Audley’s Field was used during Season 1 as King Robert Baratheon and his retinue arrive at Winterfell. It’s the backdrop of Robb’s camp in Season 2 and the place where he first meets Talisa. Later on, Audley’s Field is where Alton Lannister is imprisoned with Jamie ( and doesn’t live to tell the tale).
9) Riverrun, River Quoile, Co. Down
The River Quolie features at a couple of key points in Season 1. This is where Robb’s army needs to cross the Trident, so Catelyn Stark goes to bargin with Walder Frey to seek permission. In the next episode, it’s the place where Catelyn and robb learn of Ned’s beheading and declare ” We will kill them all”.
10) The Haunted Forest, Tollymore Forest Park, Co. Down
You might remember this haunting forest from the scene in which a member of the Night’s watch rides through the snowy forest and stumbles upon dismembered Wildling bodies. It’s also where ed Stark and his boys come across the gored stag and find direwolf pups.
11) Beric Dondarrion’s Hideout, Pollnagollum Cave, Mable Arch Caves Global Geopark, Co. Fermanagh
The exterior of Pollnagollum Cave was used to film Beric Dondarrion’s hideout in Season 3.
If you would like more info contact: Susan Hickman (626) 449-3220 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org