The BritRail South West Pass gives you the option to choose rail travel on most rail services operated by First Great Western, South West Trains and Heathrow Express trains with your choice of first or second class rail travel for 3, 4, 8, 15 or 22 days or 1 month consecutive travel within a one-month period, or a flexi-pass offering rail travel any 3, 4, 8, or 15 days within a one-month period.
While the BritRail South West Pass sounds very specific, it sure covers a lot of great territory in southwest England and parts of Wales. You’ll find its popular destinations include London, Bath, Oxford, Windsor Castle, Salisbury Cathedral, and King Arthur’s Winchester. Still, rolling hills and castles aren’t the only things southwest of the UK. Southwest England is also home to seaside resorts and charming waterfront towns such as Torquay, Dawlish, Teignmouth, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, St. Ives, Exeter, Plymouth and Penzance.
Though the real charm of this pass is the unbelievable opportunity it gives the most seasoned traveler to avoid high gas prices, lines at local ticket counters, and fumbling with foreign currency.
Here’s what you get:
- The BritRail South West Pass is valid on most rail services operated by First Great Western, and South West Trains)
- Consecutive pass available in 3, 4, 8, 15, or 22 days, or 1 month consecutive travel
- Flexipass lets you choose from 3, 4, 8 or 15 days within 1 month for travel
- First or second class available. First class prices take into account regions where only standard rail is available.
- Valid for the Heathrow Express. Use of this airport transfer will use a travel day on your validated pass.
- Special Family Pass: For each adult or senior traveler, one child (ages 5-15) travels free (not applicable with a saver pass).
- Child rates are valid for children ages 5 -15.
- Children under age 5 travel for free when they share a seat/bed with an adult/senior.
- Saver pass option for 3 or more adults traveling together.
Reservation Requirements with a BritRail South West Pass:
The BritRail South West Pass allows for travel on most trains that are operated n most rail services operated by First Great Western, South West Trains and Heathrow Express.
When reservations are required, they are an additional cost to the rail pass.
- Seat reservations are required on the Eurostar train when traveling with this ral pass. Tickets can be requested up to 180 days in advance and will not require the use of a travel day on your rail pass.
- Many regional trains do not require reservations, and so travelers can simply board with their passes and take any open seats.
At Distant Lands we issue passes on the spot!
If you would like more Information or would like to order a pass contact Susan Hickman at 626 449-3220 or E-mail: Susan@distantlands.com